Monday, October 3, 2011

Thing #7

Oh how I wish I could say posting the photo to my blog was effortless. I have had a flickr account for sometime now. My brother-in-law shares pictures he has taken of my two boys through Flickr. It was a super beneficial tool while my husband was deployed. This was the first time I have uploaded any photos myself. It was very simple and quite easy to get the hang of uploading. The problem came in when I was trying to post it to my blog. I ended up calling in help and they could not get the picture posted either. For some reason my photos URL do not have the jpeg identifier and the two of us could not figure out how to correct it. For two nights I tried to share through my blog and for some reason that would not work either. But, the minute I tried showing her how it would not even share it with my blog, it worked just fine.

This is something I will be using personally and in the classroom. Being that my husband is in the military and we have lived a few different places I can share family photos with our now distant friends. I can create albums for when my husband deploys again, and with it being digital that is one less thing he has to pack or worry about losing. Flickr can be beneficial in the classroom. You can use it to share class happenings and set it to private where only the parents have access. Also with Flickr you have access to numerous public images that you could use in your classroom in various ways.

Flickr is the only photo sharing site I have used. I am still skeptical about public sites, but the fact Flickr has a private puts me at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment