Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thing #16

I liked PageFlakes, but decided to stay with iGoogle. The only reason I chose iGoogle is because I am familiar with it and already set up a page from an earlier discovery exercise. I plan on keeping iGoogle as my homepage. Before I moved over to Google I was a Yahoo girl, but I was getting tired of the pointless news feeds and this class introduced me to iGoogle. I have my page set up to get the information and stories that I want.

30 Boxes can be added to Google and facebook, which could be helpful for me. I have a calander that I carry everywhere with me to try to stay organized, but to be honest I never open it. With being able to share 30 boxes to Google and facebook I would see my calander everytime I logged on to my computer. 30 Boxes also has a feature to have buddies who you can share your calander with. This could be helpful for the classroom setting. Rather then having to keep up with events on a weekly basis to remind parents of you could publish the calander for them to follow monthly or quarterly.

For the to do list I liked Ta da list. You can email your list or add it to a RSS feed. It can be a helpful tool, but with the calander I do not see why you would want the to do list. Google homepage has a to do list that you can add to your homepage.

30 Boxes could be helpful in the school setting, because you can set up a buddy list of who can see the calander and you can share with other teachers, parents, and administration of the shcool. It is highly effective to have a good calander to help you stay organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment